While version 1.0 still stuck in ‘Waiting for review’ state, an interesting thing happened. When some of our friends have seen the app, they wanted a iPhone version of it that we mercilessly declined. Mainly due to the following reasons:
- The board was too big to be shown on an iPhone
- Second, when the coins have to be manually selected, I was not sure if people with ‘fat’ fingers can touch the screen to make the selection
Though, we were not fully convinced that it would work, we just wanted to give it a shot. Spent 3-4hrs on the app and migrated all the screens to fit (a lot of photoshop work and a few lines of code extra) the iPhone resolution of 320×480 (iPhone 4 will automatically scale it to fit its resolution of 640×960). The result was very impressive and now we are happy to announce the ‘universal’ version of the app with version 1.1.
Things did not stop with this and here is a list of new things that we added:
- Added an option to select the number of coins from (1 to 6)
- Added a quick help
- Bug fix (when multiple coins were on the board, rolling 1 wont move the coins if the player is iPad/iPhone)
- Coins re-arrangment – If a slot has many coins and when a coin leaves, the coins would animate and rearrange themselves
- Sound effect for settings, about, help
- The feature that we really like is that now ‘You can play a random game’. Click this option, your iPad/iPhone will dynamically create a game for you and most of the times we see that this game is challenging enough to keep the user locked
- Removed the ‘Roll’ text and last dice image as it was a bit confusing
Here are the screen shots from my iPhone running the game.
Already series of testing is happening (very difficult to test games!!) and no bugs are found yet. So, planning to upload the version 1.1 today. We will keep you posted.